Saturday, April 21, 2007

Best Buy confirms fried system board

April 5, 2007 - Geek Squad supervisor called me to say that Best Buy would pay to send the iPod to Best Buy's iPod service department, to determine if the docking station damaged it. This would be free of charge for me, and they would also waive the shipping charge.

April 9, 2007 - I took the iPod in to Best Buy so they could send it to their service department to determine if the Dynex dock caused the damage. While I was there, a Geek Squad technician tested the iPod and encountered several different errors: low battery, folder with exclamation mark, and one other which I don't recall.

April 18, 2007 - Best Buy called to say that their service department agrees that the iPod's system board is fried. They will ask Dynex to pay to repair it. Repairs will take 2 to 3 weeks.

No comments: